Posts in category: Programming
By John Sonmez
Soft abilities: The software program developer's lifestyles manual is a special advisor, supplying strategies and practices for a extra pleasurable lifestyles as a certified software program developer. In it, developer and lifestyles trainer John Sonmez addresses quite a lot of very important "soft" issues, from occupation and productiveness to non-public finance and making an investment, or even health and relationships, all from a developer-centric viewpoint.
Forewords through Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob) and Scott Hanselman.
Purchase of the print publication encompasses a loose booklet in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Book
For so much software program builders, coding is the thrill half. The challenging bits are facing consumers, friends, and executives, staying effective, reaching monetary safety, maintaining your self match, and discovering real love. This booklet is the following to help.
Soft talents: The software program developer's lifestyles manual is a consultant to a well-rounded, gratifying existence as a know-how specialist. In it, developer and existence trainer John Sonmez bargains recommendation to builders on very important "soft" matters like profession and productiveness, own finance and making an investment, or even health and relationships. prepared as a suite of seventy one brief chapters, this fun-to-read e-book invitations you to dip in anyplace you love. A Taking motion part on the finish of every bankruptcy indicates you the way to get speedy effects. tender abilities can assist make you a greater programmer, a extra precious worker, and a happier, fitter person.
- Boost your occupation through construction a private brand
- John's mystery ten-step technique for studying quickly
- Fitness recommendation to show your geekiness for your advantage
- Unique recommendations for funding and early retirement
About the Author
John Sonmez is a developer, instructor, and lifestyles trainer who is helping technical execs advance their careers and dwell a extra fulfilled life.
Table of Contents
- Why this ebook is not like any e-book you have ever read
- Getting began with a "BANG!": do not do what every body else does
- Thinking concerning the destiny: What are your goals?
- People talents: you would like them greater than you think
- Hacking the interview
- Employment strategies: Enumerate your choices
- What form of software program developer are you?
- Not all businesses are equal
- Climbing the company ladder
- Being a professional
- Freedom: tips on how to give up your job
- Freelancing: Going out in your own
- Creating your first product
- Do you need to begin a startup?
- Working remotely survival strategies
- Fake it until eventually you are making it
- Resumes are BORING—Let's repair that
- Don't get non secular approximately technology
- Marketing fundamentals for code monkeys
- Building a model that will get you noticed
- Creating a wildly profitable blog
- Your fundamental aim: upload price to others
- Speaking, offering, and coaching: communicate geek
- Writing books and articles that allure a following
- Don't be afraid to seem like an idiot
- Learning tips to study: find out how to educate yourself
- My 10-step process
- Steps 1-6: Do those once
- Steps 7-10: Repeat these
- Looking for mentors: discovering your Yoda
- Taking on an apprentice: Being Yoda
- Teaching: research you will have? educate you must.
- Do you wish a level or are you able to "wing it?"
- Finding gaps on your knowledge
- It all starts off with focus
- My own productiveness plan
- Pomodoro Technique
- My quota method: How i am getting far more performed than I should
- Holding your self accountable
- Multitasking dos and don'ts
- Burnout: i have the cure!
- How you are squandering precious time
- The significance of getting a routine
- Developing behavior: Brushing your code
- Breaking issues down: easy methods to consume an elephant
- The worth of labor and why you retain warding off it
- Any motion is best than no action
- What are you going to do along with your paycheck?
- How to barter your salary
- Options: the place all of the enjoyable is
- Bits and bytes of actual property investing
- Do you actually comprehend your retirement plan?
- The chance of debt: SSDs are expensive
- Bonus: How I retired at 33
- Why you must hack your health
- Setting your health criteria
- Thermodynamics, energy, and you
- Motivation: Getting your butt out of the chair
- How to realize muscle: Nerds may have bulging biceps
- How to get hash-table abs
- Starting RunningProgram.exe
- Standing desks and different hacks
- Tech equipment for health: Geeking out
- How the brain impacts the body
- Having the appropriate psychological angle: Rebooting
- Building a good self-image: Programming your brain
- Love and relationships: desktops cannot carry your hand
- My own good fortune e-book list
- Facing failure head-on
- Parting words
SECTION 1: CAREER
SECTION 2: advertising YOURSELF
SECTION three: LEARNING
SECTION four: PRODUCTIVITY
SECTION five: FINANCIAL
SECTION 6: FITNESS
SECTION 7: SPIRIT
By Raffaele Garofalo
Applied WPF four in Context units the traditional for leveraging the most recent home windows person interface know-how on your enterprise applications.
utilizing this booklet, you will the best way to enforce world-class home windows expert starting place (WPF) solutions in a real-world line of industrial functions, constructing the code from the floor up, and know how to use top improvement practices and similar .NET items and applied sciences in your solutions. You will disguise designing and constructing the applying, checking out and debugging, info entry, reporting, and utilizing types and topics to augment the glance of the person interface―all utilizing WPF in a truly sensible, eminently important context. you will create asynchronous and parallel code, and methods to distribute the application's elements utilizing home windows conversation origin (WCF). you are going to additionally observe the Model-View-ViewModel development, back in a real-world WPF application.
based and functional WPF applications are easier to create than ever ahead of with Applied WPF four in Context.
By Jesse Feiler
If you’ve obtained superb iOS principles, get this ebook and produce them to life!
iOS 7 represents the main major replace to Apple’s cellular working approach because the first iPhone used to be published, or even the main pro app builders are searhing for info on tips to reap the benefits of the most recent iOS 7 positive factors of their app designs. That’s the place iOS App improvement For Dummies is available in! no matter if you’re a programming hobbyist eager to construct an app for enjoyable or a certified developer seeking to extend into the iOS industry, this e-book will stroll you thru the basics of creating a common app that sticks out within the iOS crowd.
- Walks you thru becoming a member of Apple’s developer application, downloading the most recent SDK, and dealing with Apple’s developer tools
- Explains the major changes among iPad and iPhone apps and the way to take advantage of each one device’s beneficial properties in your advantage
- Shows you the way to layout your app with the tip consumer in brain and create a good looking consumer experience
- Covers utilizing nib records, perspectives, view controllers, interface items, gesture recognizers, and lots more and plenty more
There’s no time like now to faucet into the facility of iOS – begin development the following colossal app this day with aid from iOS App improvement For Dummies!
Rails three is a giant leap forward. now you can simply expand the framework, swap its habit, and change entire elements to bend it for your will, all with no messy hacks. This pioneering booklet is the 1st source that deep dives into the recent Rails three APIs and exhibits you ways use them to write down larger internet purposes and make your day by day paintings with Rails extra productive.
Rails center developer Jose Valim courses you thru seven varied tutorials, every one of them utilizing test-driven improvement to construct a brand new Rails extension or program that solves universal issues of those new APIs. you are going to know the way the Rails rendering stack works and customise it to learn templates from the database once you mimic lively list habit, like validations, in the other item. you'll find out how one can write speedier, leaner controllers, and you may the best way to combine Sinatra purposes into your Rails apps, so that you can opt for the main applicable software for the activity. additionally, you'll increase your productiveness via customizing turbines and responders.
This publication can assist Rails 3's internal workings, together with turbines, template handlers, internationalization, routing, and responders. With the data you are going to achieve, you may be able to take on advanced tasks extra simply than ever earlier than, developing options which are well-tested, modular, and simple to maintain.
By Robert Sebesta
Notice: this is often an OCRed model of the 200MB add of the e-book right here on Bibliotik. idea I'd cut down it a section and make it extra printer friendly.
KEY BENEFIT: a radical advent to the most constructs of up to date programming languages and the instruments had to severely overview latest and destiny programming languages. KEY TOPICS: Evolution of the key Programming Languages; Describing Syntax and Semantics; Lexical and Syntax research; Names, Bindings, variety Checking, and Scopes; facts varieties; Expressions and project Statements; Statement-Level keep an eye on buildings; Subprograms; enforcing Subprograms; summary information forms and Encapsulation Constructs; aid for Object-Oriented Programming; Concurrency; Exception dealing with and occasion dealing with; useful Programming Languages; common sense Programming Languages MARKET: a fantastic reference encapsulating the historical past and way forward for programming languages.
Gain services in designing real-world internet purposes utilizing the Spring MVC framework
About This Book
- Design your individual Spring net functions utilizing instruments akin to Spring Boot and Spring device Suite
- Secure your advancements with easy-to-write, trustworthy unit and end-to-end tests
- Deploy your program at the cloud at no cost and invite the full international to see
Who This publication Is For
This e-book is ideal for builders who're conversant in the basics of Spring programming and are desirous to deepen their net improvement abilities. earlier wisdom of the Spring MVC framework is recommended.
What you are going to Learn
- Set up your individual net program utilizing Spring Boot and Spring software Suite
- Discover the MVC structure and the various instruments besides navigating among views
- Design advanced advanced-level types and validate the model
- Craft a RESTful software with a significant API and blunder messages
- Create maintainable unit and attractiveness tests
- Secure your software whereas permitting it to scale
- Optimize your requests with caching, ETags, and asynchronous responses
- Deploy the net program to the cloud in a snap
Spring MVC is the proper instrument to construct smooth internet purposes at the server facet. With the coming of Spring Boot, builders can fairly specialise in the code and carry nice price, leveraging the wealthy Spring atmosphere with minimum configuration.
Spring makes it basic to create RESTful purposes, engage with social providers, converse with sleek databases, safe your process, and make your code modular and straightforward to check. it's also effortless to set up the outcome on assorted cloud providers.
Mastering Spring MVC will take you on a trip from constructing your personal net program to importing it at the cloud.
You start by means of producing your personal Spring venture utilizing Spring device suite and Spring Boot.
As you improve an advanced-level interactive software that may deal with dossier uploads in addition to complicated URLs, you are going to dive into the interior workings of Spring MVC and the rules of recent internet architectures.
You will then attempt, safe, and optimize your Spring net program and layout RESTful prone that would be fed on at the frontend.
Finally, while every little thing is prepared, you'll free up your software on a cloud supplier and invite every person to see.
Style and approach
An iterative hands-on procedure in a conversational and easy-to-follow sort. each one bankruptcy will enhance at the paintings performed within the past one until eventually the appliance is able to be released.
By Scott Stevenson
Build reliable purposes for Mac OS X, iPhone, and iPod contact, whether you have got uncomplicated programming abilities or years of programming event. With this ebook, you will easy methods to use Apple's Cocoa framework and the Objective-C language via step by step tutorials, hands-on routines, transparent examples, and sound suggestion from a Cocoa expert.
Cocoa and Objective-C: Up and Running bargains barely enough idea to flooring you, then indicates you ways to take advantage of Apple's quick improvement instruments -- Xcode and Interface Builder -- to enhance Cocoa functions, deal with person interplay, create nice UIs, and extra. you will quick achieve the adventure you want to increase refined Apple software program, no matter if you are a little new to programming or simply new to this platform.
- Get a brief hands-on travel of simple programming talents with the c program languageperiod
- Learn easy methods to use Interface Builder to fast layout and prototype your application's person interface
- Start utilizing Objective-C by means of developing gadgets and studying reminiscence administration
- Learn in regards to the Model-View-Controller (MVC) approach to sharing info among gadgets
- Understand the basis worth periods, Cocoa's strong API for storing universal facts varieties
- Become acquainted with Apple's pictures frameworks, and make customized perspectives with AppKit
By Chris Eidhof, Airspeed Velocity
Advanced fast takes you thru Swift’s gains, from low-level programming to high-level abstractions.
In this e-book, we’ll write approximately complex thoughts in rapid programming. when you've got learn the speedy Programming advisor, and wish to discover extra, this booklet is for you.
Swift is a smart language for platforms programming, but in addition lends itself for extraordinarily high-level programming. We’ll discover either high-level subject matters (for instance, programming with generics and protocols), in addition to low-level themes (for instance, wrapping a C library and string internals).
By Massimo Nardone
Beginning Hypertext Preprocessor and MySQL: From amateur to specialist, 5th Edition is a huge replace of W. Jason Gilmore's authoritative e-book on personal home page and MySQL. the newest variation contains designated directions for configuring the last word personal home page and MySQL improvement atmosphere on all significant structures, whole assurance of the newest additions and enhancements to the personal home page language, insurance of the Composer dependency supervisor, and thorough introductions to MySQL’s so much relied-upon features.
You'll not just obtain huge introductions to the center good points of Hypertext Preprocessor, MySQL, and similar instruments, yet you will additionally the best way to successfully combine them that allows you to construct powerful data-driven functions. Authors Jason Gilmore and Massimo Nardone draw upon greater than fifteen years of expertise operating with those applied sciences to pack this publication with functional examples and perception into the real-world demanding situations confronted through builders. as a result, you'll many times go back to this booklet as either a precious educational instrument and reference advisor. many of the book’s highlights include:
- Detailed directions relating to fitting Hypertext Preprocessor, MySQL and several other renowned internet servers
- A thorough advent to the personal home page language, together with its string dealing with, networking, types processing, and object-oriented features
An large review of MySQL’s basic beneficial properties, together with supported information forms, database administration syntax, set off, view, kept regimen syntax, and import/export capabilities
By Dave Thomas, Leon Breedt, Mike Clark
The definitive, Jolt-award successful consultant to studying and utilizing Rails is now in its moment variation. Rails is a brand new method of web-based program improvement that permits builders to create full-featured, refined web-based functions utilizing much less code and no more attempt. Now programmers can get the task performed correct and nonetheless go away paintings on time.
NEW within the moment version: The ebook has been up to date to exploit all of the new Rails 1.2 beneficial properties. The pattern software makes use of migrations, Ajax, includes a relaxation interface, and illustrates new Rails positive aspects. There are new chapters on migrations, lively aid, lively checklist, and motion controller (including the hot resources-based routing). the internet 2.0 and Deployment chapters were thoroughly rewritten to mirror the newest pondering. you can now research which environments are top to your type program, and notice how Capistrano makes coping with your website easy. all of the closing chapters were widely up-to-date. ultimately, 1000s of reviews from readers of the 1st variation were included, making this booklet easily the easiest available.
Rails is a full-stack, open resource net framework that allows you to create full-featured, subtle web-based purposes with a twist...you can create an entire Rails program utilizing much less code than the setup XML you would want simply to configure another frameworks.
You'll see how effortless it truly is to installation Rails. you will be writing functions that paintings together with your favourite database (MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, and extra) very quickly at all.