Posts in category: Programming
By Adam Nathan
Acquired an excellent suggestion for an app? There’s a bankruptcy for that!
Calling all builders: home windows cellphone 7 is beginning to achieve traction, and the chance is yours to promote the following killer app! one zero one home windows cellphone 7 Apps is a e-book sequence like no other–best-selling writer and Microsoft developer Adam Nathan walks you thru the method of creating one zero one genuine, powerful, various, and marketplace-certified Silverlight purposes. You not just get on-line entry to the entire resource code and similar resources, however the booklet is chock filled with advice, warnings, and suggestion which may purely come from Adam’s event of writing such a lot of whole purposes and promoting them within the home windows mobilephone Marketplace.
Imagine how lengthy it's going to take you to strengthen and attempt 50 apps and what kind of you are going to examine from the adventure. instead of spending all that point ranging from scratch, use this publication to hit the floor operating! even if you just make beauty adjustments to apps during this ebook (for instance, developing kid-themed versions), repurpose apps (such as development a loan calculator in keeping with bankruptcy 10’s tip calculator), or construct whatever thoroughly targeted, this publication can enormously speed up your improvement time and assist you create top quality apps. promote your apps within the home windows cell industry and make this ebook pay for itself!
Volume I includes the 1st 50 apps and covers the following:
* every little thing you must find out about Silverlight
* absolutely exploiting mobilephone beneficial properties comparable to the applying bar, hardware/software keyboards, multi-touch, accelerometer, microphone, and more
* utilizing wealthy controls resembling pivots, panoramas, and controls in unfastened toolkits, akin to date/time pickers, toggle switches, charts, and graphs
* construction your personal customized controls, together with well known ones lacking from the platform, resembling a checkable record field, multi-select picker field, and colour picker
* commonly appropriate pages, akin to a photo-cropping web page and accelerometer-calibration page
* how one can make your app appear and feel like a first-party app
* functional tips about a variety of themes, even buying and developing sound results, utilizing customized fonts, and developing icons
By Maribel Fernández
This concise advent to the basic thoughts in modern programming languages includes a host of illustrative examples. It explains sleek primary, sensible, and logic-based languages in addition to giving readers the instruments to layout new ones.
By Alan Cooper, Robert Reimann, Christopher Noessel
The crucial interplay layout advisor, absolutely revised and up to date for the cellular age
About Face: The necessities of interplay layout, Fourth Edition is the most recent replace to the ebook that formed and advanced the panorama of interplay layout. This accomplished consultant takes the global shift to smartphones and capsules under consideration. New info comprises discussions on cellular apps, contact interfaces, display dimension concerns, and more. The new full-color inside and distinct structure larger illustrate glossy layout concepts.
The interplay layout occupation is blooming with the good fortune of design-intensive businesses, priming buyers to anticipate "design" as a serious factor of market good fortune. shoppers have little tolerance for web content, apps, and units that do not stay as much as their expectancies, and the responding shift in enterprise philosophy has turn into widespread. About Face is the booklet that introduced interplay layout out of the study labs and into the standard lexicon, and the updated Fourth Edition continues to guide the way in which with rules and strategies suitable to today's design practitioners and developers.
Updated details includes:
- Contemporary interface, interplay, and product layout methods
- Design for cellular structures and customer electronics
- State-of-the-art interface concepts and up to date examples
- Updated Goal-Directed layout methodology
Designers and builders trying to stay suitable during the present shift in purchaser know-how behavior will find About Face to be a finished, crucial resource.
By Greg Smith, Ahmed Sidky
Many books talk about Agile from a theoretical or educational point of view. Becoming Agile takes a unique process and makes a speciality of explaining Agile from a case-study point of view. Agile ideas are mentioned, defined, after which validated within the context of a case examine that flows through the booklet. The case research is predicated on a mix of the author's real-world reviews.
Becoming Agile additionally specializes in the significance of adapting Agile rules to the realities of your atmosphere. within the early days of Agile, there has been a basic trust that Agile needed to be utilized in all stages of a undertaking, and that it needed to be utilized in its purest shape. during the last few years, respected Agile specialists have all started wondering this trust: We're discovering that the simplest deployments of Agile are custom-made to the realities of a given company.
Becoming Agile discusses the cultural realities of deploying Agile and the way to accommodate the desires of executives, managers, and the improvement group in the course of migration. the writer discusses worker motivation and developing incentives that gift aid of Agile techniques.
By Robert C. Martin
Programmers who undergo and prevail amidst swirling uncertainty and nonstop strain percentage a standard characteristic: They care deeply concerning the perform of making software program. They deal with it as a craft. they're professionals.
In The fresh Coder: A Code of behavior for pro Programmers, mythical software program specialist Robert C. Martin introduces the disciplines, thoughts, instruments, and practices of precise software program craftsmanship. This booklet is jam-packed with sensible advice–about every thing from estimating and coding to refactoring and checking out. It covers even more than procedure: it truly is approximately perspective. Martin indicates tips on how to method software program improvement with honor, self-respect, and satisfaction; paintings good and paintings fresh; speak and estimate faithfully; face tricky judgements with readability and honesty; and take into account that deep wisdom comes with a accountability to act.
Readers will learn
- What it skill to act as a real software program craftsman
- How to house clash, tight schedules, and unreasonable managers
- How to get into the move of coding, and get earlier writer’s block
- How to deal with unrelenting strain and steer clear of burnout
- How to mix enduring attitudes with new improvement paradigms
- How to control a while, and stay away from blind alleys, marshes, bathrooms, and swamps
- How to foster environments the place programmers and groups can thrive
- When to assert “No”–and tips on how to say it
- When to assert “Yes”–and what convinced quite means
Great software program is anything to wonder at: strong, stylish, useful, a excitement to paintings with as either a developer and as a consumer. nice software program isn’t written by way of machines. it truly is written via execs with an unshakable dedication to craftsmanship. The fresh Coder can help you turn into certainly one of them–and earn the satisfaction and achievement that they on my own possess.
Logic Programming is the identify given to a particular variety of programming, very various from that of traditional programming languages akin to C++ and Java. by means of a long way the main conventional good judgment Programming language is Prolog. Prolog is an efficient selection for constructing complicated functions, particularly within the box of man-made Intelligence.
Logic Programming with Prolog doesn't imagine that the reader is an skilled programmer or has a heritage in arithmetic, good judgment or man made Intelligence. It starts off from scratch and goals to reach on the aspect the place really robust courses should be written within the language. it truly is meant either as a textbook for an introductory direction and as a self-study booklet. On crowning glory readers will recognize adequate to exploit Prolog of their personal learn or useful projects.
Each bankruptcy has self-assessment workouts in order that readers may perhaps payment their very own development. A thesaurus of the technical phrases used completes the book.
This moment version has been revised to be absolutely suitable with SWI-Prolog, a favored multi-platform public area implementation of the language. extra chapters were further masking using Prolog to examine English sentences and to demonstrate how Prolog can be utilized to enforce purposes of an 'Artificial Intelligence' kind.
Max Bramer is Emeritus Professor of knowledge know-how on the college of Portsmouth, England. He has taught Prolog to undergraduate desktop technology scholars and used Prolog in his personal paintings for plenty of years.
By Tom Swan
Written through nationally identified, best-selling writer Tom Swan, this e-book presents a whole creation to programming in addition to thorough assurance of intermediate and complicated subject matters.
This flexible publication is a brilliant paintings spouse if you are a SQL Server database expert who desires to take advantage of the possibility of PowerShell. Dip into the recipes or deal with it like a coaching path - the alternative is yours.
- Provides over 100 useful recipes that make the most of PowerShell to automate, combine and simplify SQL Server tasks
- Offers effortless to keep on with, step by step advisor to getting the main out of SQL Server and PowerShell
- Covers a number of guidance, assistance, and reasons on how and whilst to take advantage of PowerShell cmdlets, WMI, SMO, .NET sessions or different components
- Builds a powerful beginning that will get you cozy utilizing PowerShell with SQL Server--empowering you to create extra complicated scripts that you just desire on your day by day job
PowerShell is Microsoft's new command-line shell and scripting language that gives you to simplify automation and integration throughout diverse Microsoft purposes and elements. Database execs can leverage PowerShell through the use of its a variety of integrated cmdlets, or utilizing any of the available .NET periods, to automate database projects, simplify integration, or simply notice new how one can accomplish the activity at hand.
"SQL Server 2012 with PowerShell V3 Cookbook" offers easy-to-follow, sensible examples for the busy database expert. even if you are auditing your servers, or exporting information, or deploying reviews, there's a recipe so that you can use correct away!
You start up with simple subject matters to get you going with SQL Server and PowerShell scripts and development into extra complicated issues that can assist you deal with and administer your SQL Server databases.
The first few chapters exhibit how one can paintings with SQL Server settings and items, together with exploring items, growing databases, configuring server settings, and appearing inventories. The booklet then deep dives into extra management themes like backup and restoration, credentials, guidelines, jobs, snapshots, courses, and subscriptions.
Additional improvement and BI-specific themes also are explored, together with deploying and downloading assemblies, BLOB info, SSIS programs, and SSRS reports.
A brief PowerShell primer is additionally supplied as a complement within the Appendix, which the database expert can use as a refresher or occasional reference fabric. full of greater than a hundred sensible, ready-to-use scripts, "SQL Server 2012 with PowerShell V3 Cookbook" can be your go-to reference in automating and dealing with SQL Server.
What you'll research from this book
- Create a list of database homes and server configuration settings
- Backup and repair databases
- Execute queries to a number of servers
- Maintain permissions and defense for users
- Import and export XML into SQL Server
- Extract CLR assemblies and BLOB items from the database
- Explore database items
- Manage and install SSIS programs and SSRS reports
- Manage and computer screen working SQL Server prone and accounts
- Parse and show the contents of hint files
- Create SQL Server jobs, signals and operators
- Find blockading strategies which are hampering your database performance
Scala is a brand new programming language built by means of Martin Odersky and his group on the EPFL. The identify Scala is derived from Sca(lable) La(nguage). Scala is a multi-paradigm language, incorporating item orientated ways with sensible programming. even supposing a few familiarity with ordinary computing innovations is believed (such because the thought of compiling a application and executing this compiled shape, etc.) and with simple procedural language thoughts (such as variables and allocation of values to variables) the early chapters of the publication don't imagine any familiarity with item orientation nor useful programming. those chapters additionally step via different innovations with which the reader will not be widely used (such as record processing). From this heritage, John Hunt presents a pragmatic advent to item and sensible expertise utilizing Scala, one of many most modern and best programming languages on hand. quite a few innovations are brought via functional adventure taking the reader past the extent of the language syntax to the philosophy and perform of object-oriented improvement and sensible programming. scholars, and people actively occupied with the software program will locate this finished advent to Scala and to item orientation and useful programming, worthwhile.
By Bill Cheeseman
Thoroughly revised variation, now protecting Snow Leopard!
Springing from the unique Vermont Recipes site, the place lots of today’s Cocoa builders received their commence, Cocoa Recipes for Mac OS X, moment version is a programming cookbook that indicates you ways to create an entire Mac OS X software. during this up-to-date version, writer invoice Cheeseman employs a pragmatic, step by step strategy for development a application from begin to end utilizing the Cocoa frameworks. He starts off by means of growing the undertaking utilizing Xcode and designing and development the person interface with Interface Builder, after which he fills within the information anticipated of any operating program, equivalent to dealing with records and home windows, constructing the most menu, and configuring controls. Later recipes provide help to upload very important gains akin to a personal tastes window, printing, a support publication, and AppleScript aid. The booklet concludes with a dialogue of deployment of your comprehensive product and steps you could take to discover extra good points. outfitted with the services and real-world ideas during this publication, programmers with a few wisdom of C and Objective-C can speedy grasp the craft of writing Cocoa courses for Mac OS X.
- Written for C and Objective-C programmers who are looking to faucet the extreme energy and suppleness designed into the Cocoa frameworks, in addition to for skilled Cocoa builders trying to expand their skills.
- By following the book’s recipes for making a entire Cocoa program, readers can retrace a similar steps to put in writing any document-based Cocoa program.
- Includes the newest strategies for writing Cocoa functions for Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Project resource documents can be found on the internet at www.peachpit.com/cocoarecipes.