Posts in category: Programming
Discover the entire impressive stuff you can do with Arduino
Arduino is a programmable circuit board that's getting used by means of every body from scientists, programmers, and hackers to artists, designers, hobbyists, and engineers as a way to upload interactivity to things and tasks and test with programming and electronics. This easy-to-understand publication is a perfect position to begin when you are drawn to studying extra approximately Arduino's sizeable features. that includes an array of cool initiatives, this Arduino newbie advisor walks you thru each step of every of the featured initiatives that you can collect a transparent realizing of the various facets of the Arduino board.
- Introduces Arduino fundamentals to supply you with a pretty good origin of figuring out ahead of you take on your first project
- Features a number of enjoyable initiatives that allow you to do every thing from automating your garden's watering process to developing a keypad access procedure, fitting a tweeting cat flap, construction a robotic motor vehicle, and lots more and plenty more
- Provides a simple, hands-on method of studying extra approximately electronics, programming, and interplay layout for Makers of all ages
Arduino tasks For Dummies is your advisor to turning daily electronics and simple previous tasks into great innovations.
Get Connected! to determine extra approximately Brock Craft and his contemporary Arduino creations, stopover at www.facebook.com/ArduinoProjectsForDummies
By Mark Masse
In today’s industry, the place rival internet providers compete for awareness, a well-designed relaxation API is a must have function. This concise ebook provides a suite of API layout ideas, drawn essentially from most sensible practices that stick on the subject of the Web’s leisure architectural sort. in addition to ideas for URI layout and HTTP use, you’ll research directions for media varieties and representational forms.
REST APIs are ubiquitous, yet few of them keep on with a constant layout method. utilizing those easy ideas, you are going to layout net provider APIs that adhere to famous internet criteria. to help you, writer Mark Massé introduces the net source Modeling Language (WRML), a conceptual framework he created for the layout and implementation of relaxation APIs.
• study layout principles for addressing assets with URIs
• practice layout ideas to HTTP’s request tools and reaction prestige codes
• paintings with instructions for conveying metadata via HTTP headers and media types
• comprehend why relaxation APIs might be designed and configured, now not coded
By Daniel H. Steinberg
Cocoa Programming: A Quick-Start consultant for Developers indicates you the way to get effective with Cocoa-fast! we can't stroll you thru each type and technique within the API (but we'll express you the place to discover that information). as a substitute, we are going to leap correct in and begin development an online browser utilizing Cocoa. in precisely a couple of minutes you should have anything that works. a few minutes extra, and you will have code on your customized controller, listening for notifications and call-backs. quickly you will have the performance you'll count on in a whole browser. and that is simply the 1st few chapters...
By Brian Harvey
This sequence is for people--adults and teenagers--who have an interest in machine programming simply because it's enjoyable. the 3 volumes use the brand programming language because the motor vehicle for an exploration of computing device technological know-how from the point of view of symbolic computation and synthetic intelligence. emblem is a dialect of Lisp, a language utilized in the main complex learn tasks in laptop technology, in particular in man made intelligence. in the course of the sequence, sensible programming strategies (including better order features and recursion) are emphasised, yet conventional sequential programming can be used while acceptable. within the moment variation, the 1st volumes were rearranged in order that illustrative case stories look with the suggestions they exhibit. quantity 1 incorporates a new bankruptcy approximately larger order services, and the recursion chapters were reorganized for better readability. quantity 2 encompasses a new instructional bankruptcy approximately macros, an unique potential of Berkeley brand, and new tasks. through the sequence, the bigger application examples were rewritten for better clarity via extra vast use of knowledge abstraction. quantity 2 complex suggestions, is addressed to the reader with a few event with symbolic brand programming. It combines extra instructional chapters approximately complex emblem gains with case reviews within which these recommendations are utilized in programming initiatives. The tasks diversity from video games (a solitaire application) via utilities (finding the variations among types of a dossier) to a working laptop or computer that interprets simple courses into emblem. This quantity additionally comprises the Berkeley emblem Reference handbook as an appendix. the brand courses in those books and the author's loose Berkeley emblem interpreter can be found through the web or on diskette.
By Charles W. Herbert
AN creation TO PROGRAMMING utilizing ALICE 2.2, moment version, presents scholars with a high-quality creation to ideas of programming, common sense, and comparable arithmetic by utilizing Alice, a confirmed device for motivating starting programmers. This re-creation has been totally up to date to use the hot motion picture making, digital fact, and gaming features of Alice 2.2. All chapters are supported with strong workout units and visible diagrams.
By Alan R. Feuer
"The C Puzzle ebook" is a superb selection for all programmers who are looking to extend on their simple wisdom of the c program languageperiod. thoroughly compliant with ANSI C, this booklet has been designed to assist readers achieve a extra thorough realizing of the C syntax and semantics via fascinating puzzles that problem the readers' skillability with the fundamentals.
By Herbert Schildt
This glorious primer presents a plethora of C++ programming info for commencing to intermediate clients on subject matters like periods, gadgets, expressions, arrays, guidelines. Plus, it additionally covers complicated themes like inheritance, namespaces, STL, customized string category, and the traditional C++ classification Library. For clients of all degrees, this consultant teaches with examples of resource code and an intensive demonstrate of the consequences.
Essential Code and Commands
Ruby Phrasebook supplies the code you must fast and successfully paintings with Ruby, one of many fastest-growing languages on the earth because of renowned new Ruby applied sciences like Ruby on Rails.
Concise and Accessible
Easy to hold and straightforward to use—lets you ditch all these cumbersome books for one transportable pocket guide
Flexible and Functional
Packed with greater than a hundred customizable code snippets—so you could with ease code practical Ruby in precisely approximately any situation
Jason Clinton makes use of Ruby day-by-day in process management and improvement for complex Clustering applied sciences, a Linux Beowulf cluster integrator. He has been operating within the machine for greater than a decade and is actively eager about the Kansas urban Ruby clients staff (KCRUG), serving as administrator of the group’s site and mailing record.
Register your e-book at informit.com/register for handy entry to downloads, updates, and corrections as they develop into available.
Programming / Ruby
About This Book
- Get your dream undertaking up and working by means of development unparalleled MeteorJS functions in an issue of days
- Go past coding and the way to make smooth layout judgements – from cellular layout to search engine optimisation – that force nice person experiences
Who This ebook Is For
If you will have already had a few event with MeteorJS yet are looking to construct even larger smooth internet purposes, this publication has been created for you. It will give you a accomplished examine probably the most very important frameworks getting used on the net today.
What you'll Learn
- Get to grips with the fundamentals and easy methods to construct a whole real-time software with MeteorJS
- Find out how MeteorJS makes full-stack improvement basic – turn into a greater developer, fast
- Find out how one can write customized programs for purposes – so that you can construct your undertaking precisely the way you want
- Integrate React.js and Angular.js into your project
- Design and boost top of the range animations that may provide your UI the edge
- Build MeteorJS to function a REST-based program and reactive system
- Learn the right way to host a MeteorJS program after which scale it for data
- Learn tips on how to ensure you enforce an efficient search engine optimization procedure on your MeteorJS application
Mastering MeteorJS program improvement exhibits you the way to do much more with MeteorJS – in case you are able to attempt a finished path via some of the most intriguing frameworks in internet improvement at the present time, this is often the ebook you need.
You'll not just find out how MeteorJS makes internet improvement more straightforward, but in addition how one can make utilizing MeteorJS more straightforward by way of automating and simplifying initiatives so that you may be convinced you've got complete keep watch over of every thing on your workflow – particularly every little thing that may get it wrong. With additional insights on constructing for cellular – and the way MeteorJS may also help take on the demanding situations of the craze – and info on incorporating search engine optimisation recommendations into your program, this e-book is not only a code instructional – it really is approximately making a product that clients love.
A functional project-based consultant to producing compelling seek options utilizing the dynamic and robust beneficial properties of Elasticsearch
About This Book
- Discover the ability of Elasticsearch by way of imposing it in quite a few real-world eventualities equivalent to eating place and e-commerce search
- Discover how the positive factors you spot in an ordinary Google seek might be accomplished utilizing Elasticsearch
- Learn the right way to not just generate actual seek effects, but in addition increase the standard of searches for appropriate results
Who This booklet Is For
If you're a facts fanatic and wish to discover and specialize on seek applied sciences in response to Elasticsearch, this is often the ideal ebook for you. A compelling case-to-case mapping of gains and implementation of Elasticsearch to resolve many real-world use situations makes this e-book the correct option to commence and specialize on Elasticsearch.
What you are going to Learn
- Build an easy scalable server for powerful looking out in Elasticsearch
- Design a scalable e-commerce seek option to generate exact seek effects utilizing a number of filters similar to filters in keeping with date variety and value range
- Improve the relevancy and scoring of your searches
- Manage real-world, advanced info utilizing a number of innovations, together with parent-child seek and looking questions in accordance with the factors of questions and answers
- Use the wonderful information crunching and aggregation potential of Elasticsearch to investigate your data
- Generate real-time visualizations of your info utilizing compelling visualization recommendations, corresponding to time graphs, pie charts, and stacked graphs
- Enhance the standard of your seek and widen the scope of fits utilizing quite a few analyzer concepts, akin to decrease casing, stemming, and synonym matching
Elasticsearch is a disbursed seek server just like Apache Solr with a spotlight on huge datasets, schemaless setup, and excessive availability. using the Apache Lucene library (also utilized in Apache Solr), Elasticsearch permits robust full-text seek, in addition to autocomplete "morelikethis" seek, multilingual performance, and an intensive seek question DSL.
This booklet begins with the construction of a Google-like net seek provider, permitting you to generate your personal seek effects. you are going to then find out how an e-commerce web site could be equipped utilizing Elasticsearch. we'll talk about a variety of methods in getting appropriate content material up the consequences, akin to relevancy in keeping with how good a question matched the textual content, time-based fresh records, geographically closer goods, and different often used approaches.
Finally, the booklet will disguise quite a few geocapabilities of Elasticsearch to make your searches just like real-world scenarios.